The email and chat service from Microsoft Outlook is known for its stable and fast emailing experience. Outlook gives an option to use different email accounts to its users. If you have installed Outlook on your device and looking for a way to set up a Yahoo email account on it then you have visited the right page. Today we are going to discuss the quick steps to add a Yahoo email account in Outlook in this post. The process to configure Yahoo Outlook settings is pretty easy and quick. If you have the username and password details of your Yahoo account then you can easily add an account by accessing your Outlook email account. Let’s move forward to discuss the method to configure Yahoo Mail to Outlook.
Way to configure Yahoo Mail to Outlook
Before approaching the steps, confirm that your device is connected to a network and the internet is active on it. If you have not logged in to your Outlook account then you need to access your account using the Microsoft account username and password details. Make sure to enter the Yahoo email login credentials correctly on the ‘Add a new Account’ page.
- On your computer, launch the Outlook software
- If you are not logged in then provide your Outlook account credentials to access your account (skip the log in process in case you are already logged in to your Outlook account)
- After accessing your Outlook account, visit the ‘File’ option from the toolbar section and click on it
- Now, find and tap on the ‘Info’ option
- Then, locate the ‘Add Account’ option and tap on it
- Fill in the username details of your Yahoo login account and tap on the ‘Connect’ option
- Now, fill in the password details and tap on the ‘Connect’ button
- Find and tap on the ‘Done button to finish this process
Note: If you realized that there is a connection issue on your device then you can approach the way to add a new account in Outlook manually. To set up an account manually you may need to configure the Yahoo Mail settings such as IMAP and POP.
Why I can’t add a Yahoo email account to Outlook?
If your device has no active internet connection on it then in such case you may not be able to add a Yahoo email account to Outlook. To fix the can’t add a Yahoo email account to Outlook due to poor connection on your device you need to approach the steps to add your Yahoo account manually.
- On your device, open Outlook software
- Visit the ‘Info’ section and click on it
- Now, find the ‘Add Account’ option and click on it
- On your window, enter your Yahoo username and check the ‘Let me set up my account manually’ option
- Find and tap on the ‘Connect’ option
- Now, select the ‘IMAP’ option from the various settings option
- If asked, provide the Outlook app password that you had created earlier
- Find and tap on the ‘Change Account Settings’ option
- Enter these details to configure the email settings such as:
- Incoming mail – imap.mail.yahoo.com; port number – 993
- Encryption method – SSL/TLS
- Outgoing mail – smtp.mail.yahoo.com and its port number as 465
- Encryption method – SSL/TLS
- After entering the above details in corresponding fields, click on the ‘Next’ button
- Now, provide your Yahoo account password again and click on the ‘Connect’ option
- Finally, your Yahoo email account is added to Outlook successfully
Note: After approaching the above steps, you will be able to add your Yahoo email account by fixing the connection issue on Outlook. Once you complete the process to add your Yahoo account then you can start sending and receiving the emails in your account.
To sum up, add a Yahoo email account in Outlook easily and quickly by configuring the Yahoo Outlook setting in your account. After approaching the simple steps mentioned above in this post, you will be able to add your Yahoo account. You may need to provide the Yahoo email login account username and password details to complete the account setup process. After entering the Yahoo email login details, in case you face an incorrect password error after entering the Yahoo email login details in the username and password fields then you need to reset the password of your Yahoo account first to complete the account setup process. Hopefully, you have added your Yahoo email account in Outlook successfully with the help of this post.